Former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa was on Thursday morning caught on a live camera slapping an Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) returning officer.
Although it is still not very clear what the bone of contention was, Mr. Echesa alleged without providing evidence that the IEBC officials chased their agents from the room.
“You cannot chase our agents outside…my friend…why are you chasing them outside?” Posed Echesa after slapping the returning officer.
In the meantime, netizens have put pressure on the police officers to arrest the rogue Echesa for assaulting an officer on duty.
Matungu constituency heads to a hotly contested by- election that has been marred by counter accusations of rigging. For instance, the Amani National Congress leader Musalia Mudavadi on Wednesday accused Kakamega governor Wycliffe Oparanya for deploying his county officials to manage the affairs of the election.
According to Mudavadi, the resolution by the ODM deputy party leader amounted to breach of trust since he had on several occasions campaigned for the ODM Matungu candidate.
- Influential blogger now claims he is the father of Karen Nyamu’s baby
- President Uhuru under pressure to publicly take the first covid-19 vaccine to dispel fear
- Kisumu County to start production of Electric Motorbikes
- Section of Kenyans disappointed by bill seeking to criminalize pornography
- Caleb Kositany removed as Jubilee Party Deputy Secretary General
Amongst the candidates in the by-election scheduled for today include David Were of ODM, Alex Lanya of UDA, Peter Oscar Nabulindo of ANC, Charles Kasamani of UDP, Paul Achayo of MDG and Auma Faida of Maendeleo Chap Chap.