Garissa Township Legislator Aden Duale has criticised the four Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) commissioners who had caused a division in the polls body by disagreeing with their Chairman Wafula Chebukati.
Duale who is one of the luminaries of President elect William Ruto’s Kenya Kwanza alliance has promised to ensure that commissioners, Justus Nyang’aya, Francis Wanderi, Irene Masit and Cherera do not go scot-free. The following is his full statement entitled “Change your tune but you must face the Music!”
- Today, the four IEBC Commissioners issued a statement which I can only call as an abuse to the Kenyan People.
- The four Commissioners purported all of a sudden to support the statement by the IEBC Chairperson that the 9th August elections were free and fair. They further stated that they would respect the decision of the Supreme Court to uphold the presidential election results !
- What a change of tune.! These are the same Commissioners who almost took this country into a crisis as they purported to make false claims not only against the IEBC Chair but of an election that they themselves oversaw to the end but on realising their “masters” had failed they purported to create confusion at the 11th hour.
- These are the same Commissioners who took Kenyans for a ride as they appeared in media conferences with the 0.01% embarrassing circus in what they called “mathematical absurdity”.
- These are the same Commissioners who looked straight to the cameras without blinking and made false statements that the elections were opaque and a one man show just to discredit the electoral process and overturn the clear win of our President-Elect., H.E William Samoei Ruto.
- These are the same Commissioners who went ahead and filed pleadings and tonnes of paragraphs in fabricated Affidavits alleging and lying how “the results were unverified and never approved” and hence they begged, prayed and forever prayed that the Supreme Court would nullify the elections.
- These are the same Commissioners who walked out of Bomas after being persuaded by their “masters” to disregard the sovereign will of the people!
- What has suddenly changed for the “run away” Commissioners?. Just because all their evil plans failed now they want us to move on as if nothing ever happened?
- No it cannot be business as usual! The actions in what appeared like cinema featuring Cherera as the lead actor and voice actress, is pure blatant gross violation of the Constitution and the law for attempting to subvert the will of People through fabrications. Their actions were also nothing short of gross misconduct as they worked in cohort with their wicked masters to negate a free and fair election!
- Consequently, the four commissioners should be held accountable both individually and collectively .! They cannot turn on and off like a switch and expect us to just forget everything. They must face the music.
- Article 251 of the Constitution which provides for the removal of commissioners on grounds of gross violation of the Constitution and the law and gross misconduct can only be the only solution! This is the music they must face!
For now, they need to know sisi Wakenya hatubebangwi hivyo!