The top Kenyan beauty will represent Kenya at the Universal Woman world pageant in Dubai from 21st to 30th September 2022
Top Kenyan beauty queen Celestine Awuor first competed for Miss World Kenya representing Siaya county in 2014 and was among the top ten finalists. Later In 2015, she began to concentrate on high fashion contracts like the Kenya Worldwide Fashion Week, FAFA, Kenya Fashion Awards Gala.
Shortly afterwards Celestine went ahead to start a catwalk training and empowerment project for the up and coming models. She has graced the cover of the 26th issue of Courture Africa magazine and has choreographed for Miss Moi University, Zetech University, Mr. & Miss Environment Kenya and Miss Tourism Kenya.
The beauty queen was discovered as a potential model by her parents at a tender age, although they waited to let her venture into the industry after she finished high school. At the age of 18, she contested for Miss Zetech University in Nairobi and emerged 1st runners up and later joined the Kenya Fashion Awards, where she gained certification as a high fashion model.
PASSION FOR FARMING
Before being crowned Universal Woman Kenya in 2021, she spent a lot of her after-college life working in social community projects in Kibera, Kangemi, Kawangware, Mathare, creating a life around working with women and youth lead projects concerning livestock and crop farming.
It is after her crowning as UWK that she decided to incorporate some of her previous and present projects in her journey as Universal Woman Kenya. With the support of the Kenya Peasants League (KPL) policy advisor and Secretary General Mr. Cidi Otieno, she continues to motivate women and youth to embrace farming. KPL is a social movement of Kenya peasant farmers that promotes small-scale farmers and indigenous sustainable farming techniques to protect traditional agriculture. The movement was inspired by the World Trade Organization (WTO) MC10 which passed a resolution to form a movement to represent the interests of peasant farmers in Kenya.
As the reigning UWK Celestine is an all round beauty queen and a livestock farmer back at her home in Siaya county where she met KPL and is currently involved with several KPL clusters in Nairobi, Kisumu, Siaya respectively.
As she prepares to travel to Dubai to fight out for the top-most crown among other world contestants on the 21st to 30th September 2022, Celestine encourages the youth to take up farming along what they do in their day-to- day activities, for example, alongside their professions and businesses. “Farming is something one should do even though they are engaged in other activities” says Celestine.
According to the CEO of Universal Woman Fashion Catwalks Carolina Cuartas, contestants will be judged by beauty experts, and other professionals to select the finalists and the winner. “Those contestants selected will have the potential to become the “Ambassador” of Universal Woman”. Sha says. The finalists will be also selected by the public’s vote. The Universal Woman platform has been created under a rigorous marketing study, considering the evolution of women today in society.
Reality Show Criteria
- Age Group: Women from 25 to 40 years
- Status: Single, Married, Divorce, Single Mother, In Relationship.
- Height: No Applicable
- Weight: No Applicable
- * Measurements in accordance with their height and healthy weight.
- All participants are welcome, whoever wants to live the experience of being a Queen of integral beauty.
- This contest is endorsed by the recognized Global Beauties official website, and many other international platforms dedicated to pageants and beauty products.
- ”Universal Woman Beauty Pageant”
- The worldwide event “Universal Woman Beauty Pageant” is a programme of activities focused on family values, promotion of diverse cultures, tourism, and respect for women.
- The main purpose is to crown the “Ambassador of Kindness”able to transmit tolerance and togetherness among all countries in the world.
- Our project excludes exhibiting female bodies in bikinis.
- UWBP is a platform to develop and enhance the inner beauty and diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- During the show and the crown night the host country gets a platform to show all the qualities of its country, such as nature, tourism, gastronomy, and transport in order to attract travellers and inspire them to choose Dubai as their next destination.