Deputy President William Ruto has has signed a charter allocating 50% of cabinet positions to Kenyan women.
Ruto has said women will be equal partners in the Kenya Kwanza administration.
The UDA flag bearer was giving opening remarks at the launch of the Kenya Kwanza Women’s Charter at the Nyayo Stadium.
Ruto said that the Kenya Kwanza alliance will have the greatest number of legislators and governors in the country and said that the election of Kericho Women’s representative Beatrice Kemei as the first legislator in the 13th parliament was a sign of things to come.
Witnessed by Lawyers and other Kenya Kwanza leaders Ruto signed a binding document promising the following goodies to women should he win the August 9th elections.
- 50% of the proposed ksh 50 Billion Hustlers Fund earmarked for the promotion of micro and small enterprises is allocated to women owned enterprises.
- . Double funding for the school feeding programme to raise the number of children from 2 million to four million.
- Automatic bursary for all the children of single mothers
- Return to school program for teenage mothers.
- Three months diapers supply to mothers of new born babies.
- Free Sanitary towels for all our girls.